Top 5 Times of Year to Charter
As we wait for the re-opening of our base in the British Virgin Islands, we thought we'd share the best times to plan your charter trip.
1. NovemberAs the weather up north starts to turn colder, what better way to prepare for the holiday season than a trip to paradise? Enjoy sunny skies, crystal-clear waters, and breathtaking scenery aboard your charter before wintertime rolls in.
2. The Holiday SeasonGear up for a festive holiday atmosphere throughout the British Virgin Islands where an abundance of cheer can be found on land and at sea. You may even want to bring some holiday decorations and lights and join in the festivities! December temperatures in the BVI hover in the 70s and 80s, so be sure to pack those bathing suits and flip flops. Enjoy a Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day festivities at Foxy's, and a New Year's Party at Trellis Bay.
3. Spring Break with the FamilyWhen school lets out in the spring, don't stay cooped up at home! Bring the whole family to the Caribbean for a week of endless fun activities. If you're worried about bringing the little ones along, we've got you covered with tips for chartering with kids, as well as the best places to explore with them. Some of our personal favorite locations include the Baths, Leverick Bay, and Nanny Cay.
4. Christmas in JulyWhile you may not think of Christmas as a summertime holiday, the British Virgin Islands think otherwise! Christmas in July is a weekend-long party where boaters from nearby Puerto Rico (affectionately nicknamed "the Puerto Rican Navy") journey to North Sound, Virgin Gorda. With up to 2000 people and up to 500 boats in attendance, the party never stops, as a weekend full of music, rum, food, and fun unites BVI locals, Puerto Rican visitors, and boaters from all over.
5. During a Full MoonOnce a month, when the moon is full, venues throughout the BVI host parties to celebrate the illumination of the islands. The tradition started in 1989 at the infamous Bomba's Shack, and some locations lean more family-friendly while some may get a bit wilder, so be sure to do your research before venturing off to an island. We hope to see you there!
5 Reasons to Choose MarineMax Vacations
- Expert planning team to help every step of the way so you can enjoy the trip of a lifetime
- Our own custom amenity-packed power catamaran fleet in the British Virgin Islands with 3, 4, and 5 cabin options
- Access to power boats of all types and sizes throughout the world in amazing destinations
- Explore an extensive resource library of videos and articles to prepare for your trip
- Our commitment is to exceed your expectations and provide an extraordinary experience
Video Tours of the BVI
With more than 60 islands to explore, there's always something new in the British Virgin Islands.See Our Favorite Spots
Request a Brochure
Explore the extraordinary charter options you have with MarineMax Vacations for your trip of a lifetime.Get Your Brochure
Preparing for Departure
Your vacation begins when we welcome you to our base on beautiful Tortola.Explore Home Base