Cooking on Board
1. Painkiller (A BVI Favorite!)
- 2 oz. Rum
- 1 oz. Orange Juice
- 4 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz. Cream of Coconut
- Grated Nutmeg
Add Rum, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Cream of Coconut to a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously, strain into a hurricane glass over crushed ice. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a pineapple wedge.
2. Strawberry Basil Margarita
- 6 Fluid ounces tequila
- 2 Fluid ounces orange liqueur
- 8 Ounces frozen strawberries
- 4 Fluid ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 Cups ice
- 4 Large fresh basil leaves
Combine the strawberries, tequila, orange-flavored liqueur, frozen limeade, and basil leaves in a blender; mix on low until smooth. Add the ice and puree until the ice is crushed, 30 to 60 seconds.
Serve with a sugar rim, garnish with basil leaf, lime wedge, and strawberry slices.
3. Fiesta Quinoa Salad
- 2 Cups quinoa
- 1 Can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can whole kernel corn
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 1 Cup cooked brown rice
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 2 Cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix quinoa, black beans, corn, red onion, brown rice, red bell pepper, and cilantro together in a glass or plastic container with a lid.
Whisk olive oil, vinegar, chili powder, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl; pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with a lid and refrigerate until flavors blend, at least 2 hours. Stir again before serving.
4. Garlic and Herb Shrimp Skewers
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon lime zest
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Pounds extra large shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place salt, lime zest, and 3 cloves of garlic in a mortar and pestle. Pound with the pestle until mixture begins to form a paste. Add chopped basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme and pound with pestle.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into herb mixture. Grind together until mixtures begin to form a sauce for marinating, about 1 minute. Add in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir mixture with a spoon until mixture is thoroughly combined, adding additional olive oil as needed.
Place shrimp in a large bowl and mix in about 2/3 of the sauce, reserving 1/3 for serving. Stir until shrimp are evenly coated with the sauce, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce. Preheat grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Thread shrimp onto skewers and place on hot grill. Cook on each side until shrimp are bright pink and opaque and exterior is beginning to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to serving platter.
Pour remaining sauce into mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Spoon sauce over shrimp. Serve with lime wedges.
5. Mini Cheesecakes
- 1/3 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 Package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 6-cup muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and margarine with a fork until combined. Measure a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup, pressing firmly. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes, then remove to cool. Keep the oven on.
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in the egg.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each until 3/4 full. Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with your favorite toppings!
What to Know When Cooking on Board
5 Reasons to Choose MarineMax Vacations
- Expert planning team to help every step of the way so you can enjoy the trip of a lifetime
- Our own custom amenity-packed power catamaran fleet in the British Virgin Islands with 2, 3, 4, and 5 cabin options
- Access to power and sail boats of all types and sizes throughout the world in amazing destinations
- Explore an extensive resource library of videos and articles to prepare for your trip
- Our commitment is to exceed your expectations and provide an extraordinary experience