2015 Sea Ray 540 Sundancer
2015 Sea Ray 540 Sundancer
Ask us about a virtual appointment!
A late model example of one of Sea Ray’s best express cruisers, this 540 has received multiple upgrades and is ready for the next owner! Complete with a custom 30K Fusion/WetSounds, the boat is ready to entertain a crowd and cruise!
*Copy and paste below for below for more running pictures, and be sure to watch the walk-through videos as well.
Bottom paint and propspeed (5/20) make the boat ready for immediate delivery and no delay in getting ready for the next owner!
COMPLETE engine and pod services as of 11/19:
- Rebuild/replace heat exchangers and aftercoolers
- BOTH pods removed and resealed with new shafts
- Change oil and filter
- Change fuel filters
- Clean air filter
- Adjust valves
- Replace impeller
- Change coolant filter
- Replace all zincs (hull and pods)
- Clean transmission cooler
- Change lower gear case fluid
- Change hydraulic filter
- New shaft and seals on starboard pod
The boat is ready to show and run in Charleston for the winter. It will be coming north to its homeport of Annapolis come April and easy to show, located roughly 30 minutes from Baltimore’s BWI airport
The 540 Sundancer was one of Sea Ray’s biggest homeruns and best running boats. With an aggressive 21 degree deadrise, displacement of 47,000lbs, and a 15’ 3” beam, the boat is a battlewagon and will ride considerably better than its comparable European counterparts. A black hull, tinted windows and sunroof coupled with sharp, masculine lines makes the boat standout and turn heads. The tinted windows along with 32,000 BTU cockpit air conditioning will keep the cockpit nice and cool on even the hottest days. When you’re ready for sun and wind, two side windows retract, the sunroof opens, and a windshield vent opens to give all the fresh air needed. Below is a list of significant options and upgrades performed to the boat:
- Custom $30,000 stereo
- New Fusion Apollo head unit with Fusion remote at helm wired four individual zones that allow for separate volume control in each (bow, cockpit, subwoofer, and salon)
- Replaced all OEM speakers with WetSounds Revo CX-10 speakers and added additional speakers in cockpit and bow
- Replaced OEM subwoofer with WetSounds Revo 10 Free-Air Subwoofer
- Custom engineered and fabricated dual slot WetSounds XXX12 Subwoofer
- Replaced OEM amplifier with WetSounds SDX-2500, SDX6, and STX-Micro 4
- Installed WetSounds Bluetooth controller in master stateroom, integrates with master stateroom Bose surround sound.
- Complete set of spare props, including prop installation tool
- Complete 1,000 hour service on engines and pods
- Tinted side windows, windshield (lighter tint), and sunroof
- Two new AC units
- New aft canvas enclosure & custom aft sunshade with carbon fiber poles
- Installed engine room storage shelves on port and starboard bulkheads
- Added engine room LED lighting
- Underwater, color changing lights
- Custom cashmere sheets and comforters (both staterooms)
- New LUX mattress
- All new batteries – 3x 24V (port, generator/house, starboard) and 2x 12V house
- KVH HD7 satellite TV which provides true 1080p HD picture (different than most 54s on the market)
- Cummins QSC 600s with Zeus joystick control, integrated autopilot, and skyhook feature
- Upgraded TV – Salon, 58” with Bose surround sound
- Secondary water purification system
- Hydraulic platform with 1,000lbs capacity
- Teak flooring in lower cockpit and helm deck
The Zeus joystick system gives complete control in any docking situation. The boat’s centerline helm and unrivaled visibility make docking in any conditions simple. In addition to taking the stress out of docking, the Zeus system features Skyhook, which will hold your heading and position, perfect when waiting for bridges, fuel dock, or setting lines. The autopilot integrates to the joystick as well, so you can follow routes or use heading hold. Perhaps the most incredible part of the Zeus system is how the boat performs at speed and turns like a sports car. Super smooth and quiet, the exhaust system exits the props. At the dock, there is an exhaust bypass that prevents the “whirlpool” effect found on other pod systems.
Equal part luxurious cruiser and massive entertaining platform, the boat truly gives the best of both worlds. A two stateroom, two head layout combine with a pullout sofa, full size galley with Corian countertops, an impeccably appointed salon with wrap around seating, and 58” flat screen television to provide luxury and comfort while cruising. Entertaining at the dock or underway can be accomplished on a grand scale with the boat’s massive cockpit, down two steps from the bridge deck, with seating for a small crowd. A wet bar with sink, refrigerator, icemaker, and grill combine to give you everything you need to keep the party outside. Both the captain and co-pilot sit comfortable on Stidd seats that rotate fully to face the cockpit and stay in the social scene. When cruising, a lounge on the starboard side of the helm deck, coupled with the captain and companion seat, create a comfortable conversation and seating zone in its own right.
*The boat is located in Annapolis, MD, a quick 35 minute ride from Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI). Call to set up an appointment.
- Make Sea Ray
- Model 540 Sundancer
- Model Year 2015
- Category Power
- Hull Material Fiberglass
- Hull Design Semi Displacement
- Condition Brokerage
- Class Express Cruiser
- Length Overall 54 ft
- Beam 15.25 ft
- Dry Weight 49032 lb
- Water Capacity 150 gallon
- Holding Tank 68 gallon
- Dead Rise 21 degree
- Maximum Draft 4.25 ft
- Fuel Capacity 600 gallon
- Number of Double Berth 2
- Number of Twin Berth 1
- Number of Cabins 2
- Number of Heads 2
Calculate monthly boat payments or total cost.
The results displayed here are only an estimate. Please contact a MarineMax sales representative for your actual payments or a financing quote.
Boating Resources for You
My MarineMax Account
Boating Made Easy
Get the Latest Weekly
The MarineMax Experience
The water is calling you and MarineMax will get you there. We’re a community of boaters, United by Water, ready to help you get the most from your boat.