The Insider’s Guide to Boat Buying: Fall Edition
Starting OutGetting your feet wet in the boat-buying world is easy to do in more ways than one. Considering there are multiple vessels designed for different types of entertainment and adventures, we have a few comprehensive guides below to help you figure out which boat or yacht suits you most. If you still have questions, our knowledgeable consultants will be happy to point you in the right direction.
- First-Time Boat-Buyers Resource Page: gives insight on multiple boat types, answers frequently asked questions, and shows various educational and entertaining boating videos.
- Boat-Buyers Guide Download: save or print this handy guide to assist with even more questions, such as the advantages of dealers vs. private sellers, buying new vs. used, and much more.
Attending Boat ShowsIf you're new to the industry, attending your first boat show can be overwhelming, especially if they are large. On a positive note, you will see and experience many styles, makes, and models in one place. If you prefer a less crowded setting, we suggest setting up a private tour with a consultant or visiting one of our store locations where we can offer you our undivided attention. In the meantime, the list below will help you strategize and navigate a boat show for a smoother event experience.
- Preparation and Planning: for comfort and efficiency, this vital step can take place in many forms—did you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and comfortable shoes—do you know what type of boats or yachts you want to see, and can you download a show map prior?
- Target and Navigate: to get the most out of your experience, see if there is a “Prime-Time Preview” or VIP access on the first day of the show, which will allow shorter wait times and smaller crowds at booths, and if you have targeted brands, find them on the map prior.
- Inspect: since every boat is different, have a checklist ready of what aspects or features are most important, and when you step aboard, look for those items and take notes on everything else of interest so you can compare your options when done.
- Ask Questions: don’t forget to ask questions about the specific make and model and dive into the deeper details of what the manufacturers may be offering.
- Get Your Boat: if you’re comfortable with everything you’ve seen and heard, and all the details check the boxes, then take the plunge!
Pre-Owned TreasuresAnother option for first-time boat buyers is to purchase a pre-owned boat or yacht. If purchased through MarineMax, these new-to-you boats come with all the same great MarineMax benefits, such as access to boating educational classes, exclusive boating events, and much more. Plus, obtaining insurance and financing for your vessel is still easy through us.
Brokerage Boats and YachtsIf you are looking for something specific that’s not an everyday find or want something unique or different than what’s out on the market today, then a brokerage boat or yacht could be for you. These vessels are exciting options to explore, and with our access to the largest database, the potential for discovering an exquisite gem from practically endless collections and brands is always there.
The MarineMax ExperienceIf you have never bought a boat or yacht through MarineMax beforehand, you’re in for a treat. Not only do we assist with the buying process, including insurance and finance, but we are also your dedicated guides before, during, and after your purchase. In addition to your new boat, you will also gain access to a wealth of boating knowledge, educational programs, events, exclusive MarineMax Getaways!®, and much more. In essence, you will not just acquire a boat—but will be a part of an entire new boating family, United by Water®.