Splash into Spring with These 12 Best Apps for Boaters!
Below are our favorite apps to download before you head out on your next boating adventure.
An App from MarineMaxEnter into our boating family, download our app, and have fewer worries while you’re out on the water—we’ll help keep all your boating needs and essentials in check.
1. The MarineMax App
The list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning our favorite app of all. For Boating Made Easy™, download the MarineMax App to schedule service and detailing, join boating activities and classes, get fuel delivered, and many other options. Add it to your home screen today!
Discover more of the MarineMax App with this tutorial video From The Helm's Boating Broadcast.
The MarineMax App, as with the others, will work alongside any boat on the water. However, if you need a boat to go with your app, we can help with that too. Search for your next vessel at Marinemax.com today! And if you’d like to tour one in person, contact us today, and we’ll be happy to set that up!
Apps for AnglersIn addition to fishing apps, are you prepared for fishing season with the right boat? If not, check out these fantastic dual console and center console models. Another fishing boat find is the Aquila 28 Molokai Power Catamaran, which is ready for all types of water, or you could make a catch aboard a fun pontoon.
2. FishbrainWhether you're a novice or a seasoned pro, Fishbrain is a great tool to help you learn how to catch more fish by providing GPS location-based fishing spots, charts and maps, fishing strategy and tactics, and even gear reviews. It is also a fun social media platform!
3. Fish Rules
Fish Rules is a favorite among fishermen. Once you let the app know your location, it tells you what fish are in season, how many you can keep, size limits, and even food quality. No signal? No problem. Manually enter your latitude and longitude, or select your fishing location to get the regulations you need.
4. Fish SpotsBesides finding the best fishing spots nearby, you can connect with other anglers, jot down your catches in the log book, see the top gear and bait recommendations, see a fishing forecast, and much more with this app.
Apps for Navigators and OvernightersDo you have the right boat you want to explore the wide-open seas? Cabin cruiser models, such as the ones from Cruisers Yachts are ideal for an extended stay away. Check out this Cruisers Yachts 60 Fly, and ride high above the tides in luxury and comfort.
5. ArgoEasy to use and fun to connect with other boaters, the navigation app from Argo is a handy tool for many reasons. Besides navigating, keep a captain’s log, find reviews of marinas and nearby locations, get real-time reports, see your maps in different modes, and more!
This fully-functioning GPS is just like the GPS unit on your boat but works on your phone. It provides access to all Navionics charts plus NOAA raster charts that imitate paper charts. Always remember that cell coverage can be spotty on the water. For your safety and the safety of others, never depend on a cell phone for navigation.
MarineTraffic tracks the real-time locations of all freighters and commercial vessels on a chart on your phone. Using the largest network of land-based AIS receivers, the app covers most major ports and shipping routes, shows detailed vessel photos, and more!
Apps for SafetyIf you're looking for a boat to feel safe on with a sleek, stylish, and sophisticated look, then why not consider an Aviara AV36? These esteemed boats have plenty of power and comfort and will delight those aboard.
8. NOAA Buoys Marine Weather
Whether you’re a weather buff or just heading out on the water for an adventure, this app has what you need to stay on top of the changing climate. Also, check it for wind observations, wave height, and water temperatures across the U.S.
9. Tides Near MeFind tides and currents in locations around the globe with up-to-date details on over 5,500 tidal stations. With fully automated charts, tide tables, and predictions, along with a sun and moon schedule, this app is used by boaters worldwide.
10. U.S. Coast GuardThis highly-downloaded app is a must-have for safety, especially if needing to contact the search and rescue center in an emergency. In addition, you can request a vessel safety check, create float plans, get weather information, report a hazard, and more.
Apps for TowingInstead of being towed, haul the fun in yourself aboard a Sea Ray! These powerful deck boats offer loads of entertainment, and on a Sea Ray SLX 280, adventures will last for hours.
11. BoatUSThis free app has general data like tides, weather forecasts, and weather alerts, but more importantly, it lets you call for towing assistance 24/7 with the swipe of a finger. Since your phone has GPS, dispatchers immediately know your location to send help asap.
12. Sea Tow
Simple yet effective, this is another app that delivers basic tide and weather data, but the main purpose is being able to signal for a tow. Essentially, it's similar to the BoatUS version but for those with towing insurance through Sea Tow instead.