Show Your Boat Some Love!
Winter is in full swing, for many that means stowing their vessels. But just because the temperatures have dropped doesn't mean we should forget about our boats, spring is right around the corner! Here are a few ways to show your boat some love with these easy tips and be ready to hit the water.
Hoses: The Boating Unsung Heroes
It may seem like a minor detail, but hoses and clamps can be the unsung heroes of your day on the water. Often, it is one crack or ruptured line on an essential system that can send you back to the dock early, so care is important.
- Replace any worn or corroded hoses or clamps.
- Double clamp hoses that lead through hulls at both ends.
- Scratch the first two tips and just contact the pros at MarineMax to handle this for you!
Give your Boat a Spa Day
Winter provides an ideal window to give your boat the TLC it deserves, ensuring it's ready to shine come next season. Your local MarineMax can address any nicks, scratches, or dents that may have occurred during summer outings, including fiberglass repair.
For the DIY fans, polishing and waxing can easily be done at home.
- Invest in polishes and waxes to restore your boat's glossy finish.
- Products available at boating stores or MarineMax can make your boat shine like new.
Makeover your Boat’s BottomRemoving any growth or debris will not only improve your boat's performance, but also have her looking sleek and stylish. If your boat calls saltwater home, consider giving her a fresh coat of anti-fouling paint to keep those barnacles at bay. Your local MarineMax can take care of every step of this process, from cleaning to painting.
Buy Your Boat Some New Toys:
Treat your boat to some new gadgets and gizmos to enhance her onboard experience. Consider the following:
- New navigational electronics
- New audio systems
- Water toys like wakeboards, skis and floats
- When the warmer days return, you’ll be glad you invested in fun!
Spruce Up Your Boat’s Ride:
Don’t forget the trailer - aside from hitting the road, just putting your boat in and out of the water puts the trailer through its paces. You don’t want to hit the road with a boat in tow on an unfit trailer.
- Conducting a thorough inspection of the trailer
- Note any issues such as rust, wear and tear, or structural damage promptly. Don’t forget to check the wiring, wheels, bearings and axles too!
- Head to your local MarineMax for a tune-up!
Want MarineMax to Show your Boat Some Love? Lets talk!
Fill out the form below and someone will reach out to you!